Locum Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- child and adolescent psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Locum: 1 year fixed term- pending substantive recruitment
- Part time: 8 PAs per week
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Simmons House Adolescent Unit
- 53 Woodside Avenue London
- £82,096 - £110,683 pa pro rata
- 01/11/2020 23:59
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
We are pleased to invite enthusiastic and dynamic candidates to join the team in Simmons House Adolescen Unit
Simmons House Adolescent Unit is a 12- bedded in-patient psychiatric unit for young people between 13 to 17 years of age and is a part of the Children and Young People Integrated Clinical Service Unit in Whittington Health NHS Trust. Adolescents and their families/carers receive an individually planned and structured treatment package combining as appropriate: psychiatric assessment and medication, family therapy, individual therapy, occupational therapy, group work and education. There are well established relationships between Simmons House, Islington CAMHS and Whittington paediatric Mental Health Team (PMHT) with the aim to support vunerable young people with complex mental health needs.
The post-holder will join the existing 0.6 WTE substantive Consultant Psychiatrist, who also holds the role of Lead Clinician, to form part of the senior management team and, as consultant and RC, to lead and support the team in the assessment and treatment of 6-8 of the patients in the service.
This post has arisen following the previous substantive post- holder’s retirement. Substantive recruitment for this role is under way.
The post holder will be expected to play a key role, alongside the Lead clinician, the senior management team, and the CAMHS clinical lead, in the implementation of the New Models of Care collaborative across North East and Central London,
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Simon Lewis
- Job title
- Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist & Lead Clinician
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
- Jo Levitt, Simmons House Clinical Service Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, 02033161751
- Dr Aspa Paspali, Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist & CAMHS clinical lead email@example.com 02033161824
- Sheron Hosking, Associate Director of CAMHS & Mental Health, Whittington NHS Trust firstname.lastname@example.org 02033161824
- Dr Claire Rohan, Consultant Paediatrician and Clinical Director, CYP ICSU, Whittington Health NHS Trust. PA Alison Sweeney, 020 288 3194