- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Physiotherapy Inpatients Level 5
- £26,565 to £35,577 pa EXCL HCAS-HYBRID 1/9TH OUTER - 8/9THS INNER
- 27/02/2018 23:59
Whittington Health NHS Trust received a ‘good’ overall inspection from the CQC in April 2016, rated ‘good’ in a national review of openness and transparency standards across NHS trusts in England and ranked 78 out of 230 NHS Trusts overall.
62 per cent of staff say they are proud to be working for the organisation in our Staff Survey with 55 per cent saying they would recommend us as a great place to work and 53 per cent say they have a strong sense of belonging.
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust
Integrated Care & Acute Medicine
Band 6: Acute in-patient and Community Rotational Physiotherapist
37.5 hours a week
(Standard hours may be worked over the full 7 days and/or between 08:00 – 20:30 hours depending on the rotation)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Whittington Health for an experienced band 5 or existing band 6 physiotherapist to develop their skills and knowledge in a range of challenging band 6 rotations. Whittington Health is situated in North London and delivers health care to the residence of Haringey and Islington; both in the community and through the Whittington Hospital. We have an excellent reputation for being innovative, responsive and flexible to the changing clinical needs of the local population.
The Physiotherapy service covers a broad range of services and as a band 6 rotational physiotherapist, rotating every 6 months, you will have the chance to deepen your experience as an autonomous practioner. As part of integrated Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Teams you will be providing a high standard physiotherapy service to patients within Whittington Health across the Integrated Care Organisation.
You will rotating through acute in-patient and community rehabilitation teams including:
- Acute Therapy Team: Physiotherapy in a 15 bedded General ITU including physiotherapy led weaning from mechanical ventilation/tracheostomy and rehabilitation of complex prolonged ventilated patients, Respiratory including active participation in physiotherapy led acute NIV provision, General Medicine, General Surgical Enhanced Recovery and Respiratory Paediatrics. This rotation will also include management of complex trauma repatriated patients.
- Care Of Older Persons Team: Acute care of older people medical and Day Unit rehabilitation including active participation in the integrated falls management programme. There is also an opportunity to work with neurological outliers on the wards, to include neuro rehab closely supported by the band 7 team lead.
- START (Specialist Therapy Assessment and Rapid Treatment) Team: Working on the acute medical admission wards and accident and emergency department.
- Inpatient Orthopaedics and Trauma: Working on elective and trauma orthopaedic wards including enhanced recovery in joint replacement surgery and fracture neck of femur.
- Bridges In-Patient Rehabilitation Unit: Working on an in-patient rehabilitation unit within an MDT with a wide variety of general patient caseload including post- operative, falls and elderly rehab.
- Rotations to Islington and Haringey community rehabilitation teams.
All rotations strongly encourage continuing professional development, and there are robust in-service training, appraisal and personal development programmes in all departments. The Whittington has a reputation for providing a friendly working environment with supportive and experienced clinicians.
You will need to have a caring and mature attitude to work closely with patients and with the staff in our department.
Please read personal specification and carefully to ensure application clearly demonstrates all of the essential criteria. Please provide examples in your supporting information to show how you meet these criteria.
This Advert will close once there are a sufficient number of applicants.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you would like further information please contact either Kanak Roberts, Lead Physiotherapist on 02072885563 or Jessie Horne, Acting Clinical Lead Respiratory Physiotherapist on 02072885109.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 288 3762