MSK Specialist Physiotherapist and Site lead
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Various community sites
- £40,057 - £45,839 Per Annum excluding HCAs
- 26/10/2021 23:59
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
Band 7 MSK Specialist Physiotherapist and Site Lead
37.5 hours a week
At Whittington Health we pride ourselves on our staff development and delivering high quality care in community services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our MSK Physiotherapy team in Haringey and Islington. The service is based across 7 service delivery sites and following a recent service re-structure, the post holder will join the 15 other Band 7s in the yearly rotational scheme which provides different opportunities with both clinical and service development. You would have the opportunity to work as part of a large team of Physiotherapists and work closely with the Advanced Practice Physiotherapists in joint complex clinics. For this post you will need to be committed to continuous service and career development.
These posts will also include working part time as an MSK First Contact Practitioner. An exciting opportunity to work alongside GP and Advanced Practice Physiotherapists to develop MSK knowledge and skills.
Main duties of the job
Located in North London we can offer a stimulating working atmosphere where the successful post holder will have the prospect of working with a diverse range of patient groups and have access to developmental opportunities.
For this post you will need to demonstrate good MSK experience required for this position. To be successful in this position you will need the ability to work independently and as a team player; line managing a team at a service delivery site, as well as helping to coordinate the overall MSK Physiotherapy service alongside the Service Lead, and other Locality Leads.
You will need excellent interpersonal skills. You will also need to demonstrate effective operational and leadership skills to help implement service improvements and contribute to develop clinical excellence within the service, supporting us on a journey to achieving an outstanding service for our patients, following our Trust principle of Better Never Stops.
Working for our organisation
Whittington Health’s greatest strengths lie in its staff and for this post you will need to share and promote our I.CARE values of innovation, compassionate, accountable, respectful and excellent. We are committed to listening to and implementing change from staff and patient feedback such as the development of our In-Service Training programmes, regular Peer Review Sessions with APP’s and working closely with course providers so our staff have the means the attend these courses. This is a friendly working environment with supportive and experienced clinicians.
Please click here to see a video of what it is like to work in Adult Community Services, Whittington Health:
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be expected to:
- Triage electronic referrals regularly.
- Effectively use and ensure that the electronic patient database records reflect your current caseload and activity; with timely discharge and outcome appointments.
- Provide high quality physiotherapy including assessment, treatment and advice to patients with various Neuromusculoskeletal presentations.
- Assess and treat own caseload of patients, and maintain associated records as an autonomous practitioner with support from senior staff when required.
- Communicate with other health professionals, patients and carers with regard to the delivery of patient focused care.
- Participate in departmental continuous professional development, departmental education and training, audit and evidence-based projects.
- Undertake all necessary verbal and written documentation required for patient care.
- Have clinical supervision on a regular basis with senior staff. Supervision can take the form of formal training, clinical reasoning, peer review, case reviews and reflective practise.
- Supervise and appraise other MSK staff and students.
- Provide evidence based education, training and supervision to physiotherapists, students and other staff as appropriate.
- Assist in the operation and development of MSK Outpatient Service provision across Whittington Health.
Please read the personal specification carefully to ensure your application clearly demonstrates all of the essential criteria. Please provide examples in your supporting information to show how you meet these criteria.
Education / Qualifications
- Good written/spoken English
- Degree / Diploma in Physiotherapy leading to HCPC registration
- Member of the CSP or equivalent
- Evidence of substantial post-registration training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Membership of other professional groups (MACP/SOM/clinical Interest groups)
Skills & Abilities
- Monitored/supervised: Musculoskeletal physiotherapy staff, Students, Assistants/clerical staff
- Taught: Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy staff , Students , Other Professionals
- Experience of undertaking departmental duties.
- experience in organisation, time management and prioritisation
- Able to work alone as an autonomous practitioner
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
- Flexible approach to changing circumstances and departmental needs
- Actively involved in appraisal scheme
- Able to demonstrate good communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable high level clinical reasoning skills in managing MSK patients.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to teamwork
Knowledge & Experience
- Specialised knowledge of the current management guidelines and evidence in the safe treatment of Musculoskeletal disorders
- Broad awareness of Musculoskeletal physiotherapy provision of care and the influence of local, professional, Trust and Wider policies and agendas.
- Awareness of developments in NHS / DoH and multi-agency Musculoskeletal service delivery.
- Involvement in clinical audit/evaluation projects
- Keep accurate records
- Good knowledge of the research process
Team working skills
- Demonstrate ability to support others within the team
- Demostrate understanding of staff wellbeing
- Clearly shows reason for applying for this post and reason for working with Whittington health
- Demostrate what they will bring to the MSK team and Whittington Health
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Emma James
- Job title
- MSK Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 7288 5819