- Band 6
- 37.5 hours per week
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Reach Team
- £30,401 - £37,267 per annum excl HCA
- 26/08/2019 23:59
Whittington Health NHS Trust received a ‘good’ overall inspection from the CQC in April 2016, rated ‘good’ in a national review of openness and transparency standards across NHS trusts in England and ranked 78 out of 230 NHS Trusts overall.
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Whittington Health for an experienced band 5 or existing band 6 physiotherapist to develop their skills and knowledge in a range of challenging band 6 rotations. Whittington Health is situated in North London and delivers health care to the residence of Haringey and Islington; both in the community and through the Whittington Hospital. We have an excellent reputation for being innovative, responsive and flexible to the changing clinical needs of the local population.
The Physiotherapy service covers a range of services and as a band 6 rotational physiotherapist, rotating every 6 months, you will have the chance to deepen you experience as an autonomous practitioner. As part of integrated Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Teams you will be providing a high standard physiotherapy service to patients within Whittington Health across the Integrated Care Organisation.
You will rotating through community rehabilitation teams including:
- Islington Bed Based Intermediate Care Team- The bed based intermediate care team is an integrated team based in the North of the borough, comprising Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Rehabilitation Assistants, a Nurse, Social Workers and Case Managers. The remit of team is to provide client centred intervention for service users who have been transferred to an intermediate care bed at Mildmay or St Anne’s care home for further rehabilitation, with the aim of promoting their independence and enabling them to return home where possible.
- REACH Team – community intermediate care team within Islington who provide rehabilitation to adults with physical disabilities, cognitive impairment and complex social and community needs.
- Islington Discharge to assess Service - works on the principle of ensuring hospital stays are reduced as soon as acute medical treatment is completed, by undertaking rapid assessment in the community and identify and implement Reablement goals for patients within a social services team
All rotations strongly encourage continuing professional development, and there are robust in-service training, appraisal and personal development programmes in all departments. The Whittington has a reputation for providing a friendly working environment with supportive and experienced clinicians.
You will need to have a caring and mature attitude to work closely with patients and with the staff in our department.
Please read personal specification and carefully to ensure application clearly demonstrates all of the essential criteria. Please provide examples in your supporting information to show how you meet these criteria.
This Advert will close once there are a sufficient number of applicants.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information contact Keisha Soans REACH Team Lead e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org