- Nursing Lead
- 37.50 full time
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Dir Nur & Clin Dev Level 5
- Competitive Renumeration
- 23/10/2017 23:59
The Whittington Hospital received a ‘good’ overall inspection from the CQC in April 2016, rated ‘good’ in a national review of openness and transparency standards across NHS trusts in England and ranked 78 out of 230 NHS Trusts overall.
62 per cent of staff say they are proud to be working for the organisation in our Staff Survey with 55 per cent saying they would recommend us as a great place to work and 53 per cent say they have a strong sense of belonging.
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
Whittington Health NHS Trust
We are an innovative and pioneering healthcare provider with a major track record in patient safety. We provide acute and community services for 500,000 adults and children across Islington, Haringey and a number of other London Boroughs including Barnet, Enfield and Camden. With a turnover of £309m and employing over 4,400 staff, we are committed to improving the health and extending the life expectancy of all our community as well as providing the best healthcare for those who are ill or unwell.
Whittington Health is seeking a new Chief Nurse, to lead our nursing, midwifery and allied health professional workforce. We are ambitious to become a national leader in delivering integrated care and are driving the continuous improvement of our services to meet the demanding health and care needs of our local population.
• Provide visible and inspirational leadership, leading the Trust to clinical excellence, financial sustainability and outstanding patient care.
• Contribute fully to the strategic and corporate management of the integrated care Trust.
• Advise the Board on professional matters relating to Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals and provide professional leadership for these staff
• Provide corporate leadership for all Governance issues, including Care Quality Commission registration processes.
• Experienced clinician with evidence of excellent clinical leadership skills;
• Significant and demonstrable previous experience in a large, complex NHS Trust as Deputy Director or Director of Nursing including both service delivery and corporate responsibility;
• Demonstrable success in building, leading, motivating and developing multi-disciplinary teams to improve performance at all levels within the Trust.
Closing date for applications is 23 October 2017
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 288 5925