- Newly Qualified Band 5 Nurses - Hospital
- 37.5 Hrs a week
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Hospital & Community Based
- £24,214 to £30,112 Excl HCAS pa
- 27/06/2019 23:59
Whittington Health NHS Trust received a ‘good’ overall inspection from the CQC in April 2016, rated ‘good’ in a national review of openness and transparency standards across NHS trusts in England and ranked 78 out of 230 NHS Trusts overall.
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
Are you a student nurse finalist who will qualify in 2019, whose clinical placements have been within North Central London (NCL) health and care organisations? If so then we have band 5 roles ready for you when you graduate. We offer a 5 step guarantee to you as below.
At Whittington Health we are proud to be part of this CapitalNurse NCL scheme. As an integrated care organisation, we provide both hospital and community services with our priority being to provide the right care, at the right time and in the right place for our patients.
‘Come join us @whithealth we will care for you so that you can care for your patients.'
Ready for your move from student nurse to registered nurse, we will support you every step of the way. You will be fully supported by our accredited Preceptorship programmes.
All our NCL trusts are part of the CapitalNurse scheme and able to give early offers of employment as a Band 5 nurse for when you qualify. We have so many exciting opportunities for you some of which might surprise you! Adult, children, caring for older people, community nursing, theatres, surgery, critical care, chemotherapy, acute/emergency medicine, rotation posts to suit your career path and much much more.
We would like to help you find the perfect first staff nurse role. Apply online and come along to our assessment day to meet our teams and find out more.
We need kind, caring, compassionate nurses who want to help us to continue to provide outstanding care as rated by the CQC. In return, we will welcome your application and support you fully.
As per the letter we sent you through your university, here is our guaranteed offer to you:
Here’s our offer to you, our 5-step guarantee:
- A guarantee of an interview following your application.
- There will be no assessment other than a short value-based interview. The values either being those of the Trust you are applying or those of the NHS.
- That a conditional offer will be given to you within 24hrs of the interview.
- That you will be supported by a 1-year CapitalNurse Preceptorship programme whichever Trust you choose.
- Opportunity to work as a Band 3 Healthcare Support Worker after your degree programme until your NMC registration is confirmed.
In addition, we are able to offer you:
- Access to rotation schemes across district nursing and hospital environment both adult and paediatric
- A comprehensive 12-month preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses in which you will be supported by our practice development teams and the nurse education team
- On-going learning and development opportunities including leadership courses and clinical skills such as cannulation, phlebotomy and blood cultures
- Individually tailored career development pathways
- Internal Transfer opportunities
Working with supportive, friendly and forward-thinking teams
What to do next?
Complete the online application, read all of the information we offer attached to the advert, the job description and any documents in the ‘additional Information’ section of the advert.
Please ensure that you include in your supporting statement the area('s) you are interested in working in and a statement explaining why.
Once you’ve done this you will receive a response within 2 working days of the advert closing inviting you to our assessment day.
If you have any questions in the meantime then email us at email@example.com.We will be really happy to hear from you. You can also check out our graduate nurse page on our website
Our assessment day will be held on Monday 8th April . As well as a short value-based interview, we will have a range of colleagues keen to meet you and to answer your questions, including nurses and ward sisters/managers from our clinical areas, as well as advice on human resources and employment issues from our team of experts. You can explore our training and development pathways, learn about the CapitalNurse preceptorship year from our preceptors and find out much more about our rotation programmes.
Closing date: 27th June 2019
Interview Date: 8th July 2019
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact info: Call 02072883160 to speak to a member of the Nurse Recruitment Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org