- Band 7
- 12 months Fixed Term
- Full time: 37.5
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Whittington Hospital
- £37,570 to £43,772 per annum +HCAs
- 14/07/2020 23:59
Whittington Health NHS Trust received a ‘good’ overall inspection from the CQC in April 2016, rated ‘good’ in a national review of openness and transparency standards across NHS trusts in England and ranked 78 out of 230 NHS Trusts overall.
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
Deputy PACS Manager
12 months Fixed Term Contract
Are you an experienced PACS manager or administrator who is proactive and organised?
The Imaging Team are about to embark on an exciting new project to deliver the following:
A change in patient pathways in Imaging
- Changing appointment systems for Imaging
- Overlaying Decision making tool to on Radiology order system
- Initiate status change on Radiology order system to make visible through the portal
- Monitoring Referral to exam times and exam to report times particularly for Cancer patients
- Initiating electronic ordercomms for Imaging for GPs
- Implementing Home reporting to deliver higher productivity.
- Laying foundations for further development of electronic check in.
- Addition of software packages on PACS to improve patient safety and quality.
- Visibility of referral to report turnaround time within the organisation (by referral source) to reduce wasted OP clinic slots
- Meeting GIRFT recommendations around visibility of RTAT (Report Turnaround Times)
A dynamic and highly organised individual with significant PACS experience and preferably with a clinical radiography background is sought to backfill the current PACS Deputy Manager who will be leading the PACS team whilst the project is undertaken by a project manager.
You will form part of a team of 3, maintaining the day to day running of the PACS office and working with the Imaging IT Strategy project team to make the project a success.
This post holder will be excellent at record keeping and support can be provided by the team.
Previous working knowledge of SECTRA PACS/RIS would be desirable and the successful candidate would have the following key skills: organisation, strong IT skills, communication (including excellent written English), reliability and flexibility.
The Whittington Hospital has excellent Transport links being within walking distance of both Archway tube and Upper Holloway station.
The entire Imaging team are invested in making this project a success and this role will be pivotal in making it happen.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Cheryl Hill - Imaging Service Manager
If you have problems applying, contact
Whittington Health NHS Trust
- 0207 288 5925