NHS AfC: Band 6
- Estates Supervisor
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Whittington Health
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum + HCAs
- 30/10/2021 23:59
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estates Supervisor to work within our Estates Department at Whittington Health NHS Trust.
The Estates Department provides a comprehensive maintenance, repair and installation service of building, grounds, engineering services and associated equipment throughout the Trust
We are looking for a pro-active individual who is flexible in their approach to work, demonstrating good communication and organisational skills for this challenging role in a fast moving dynamic environment. You will be responsible for a team of multi skilled Tradesmen organising day-to-day activities (PPM/defect repairs) and minor new works.
You will have a detailed knowledge and experience in the field of engineering, maintenance, and compliance and will possess excellent management skills. You will be expected to take part in the Estates on-call system as required.
Main duties of the job
As a member Estates and Facilities Management Team the post-holder will be responsible for the, management, long term planning for day-to-day operational requirements of Estates and the Facilities service for the acute and non-acute premises within Whittington Health NHS Trust. The post holder will focus on effectiveness to drive efficiency in addition to develop and maintaining a culture for continuous service transformation and improvement.
The post holder will support the strategic planning and development of these facilities and services and be accountable for the operational effectiveness, and quality of all services provided.
Working for our organisation
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trust believes that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- The post of Supervisor will require a comprehensive knowledge of complex building services, plant and equipment found within a hospital or similar intensively engineered services environment.
- To possess well developed engineering diagnostic skills and the ability to apply that knowledge confidently across full range of duties.
- Responsible for the effective operation and maintenance of the Building management system and critical engineering plant/services.
- As and when necessary, the post-holder will work in collaboration with contractors’ staff and other facilities personnel to ensure a safe and efficient maintenance service is provided.
- To provide local technical knowledge to other estates colleagues and specialist engineering sub-contractors in the delivery of a prompt service.
- The post-holder will in the execution of their work be required to operate under their own initiative and motivation. Required to plan and prioritise own workload and take corrective action for any maintenance faults identified.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- City and Guilds, Responsible Person (RP) Water services L8, Appointed Person (AP) Ventilation, and Medical Gas
- Leadership and Management qualification with a (Minimum 5 years). experience In a Supervisory role
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Evidence of a good standard of literacy/English language skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Estates and Facilities service provision.
- Ability to explain technical information in a manner that is professional.
- Understanding of NHS/Trust standing financial instructions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Highly developed understanding of Trust policies on recruitment and retention of staff, management of sickness absence, Industrial relations, Risk Management and Procurement.
- Experience of managing/mentoring staff
- Proven management skills, as well as working directly with Senior Estates management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be assertive, tactful, and diplomatic, and to influence and persuade staff at the highest levels in the organisation.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post will require a submission for Disclosure to be made to check for any unspent criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Michael Nicolaides
- Job title
- Head of Estates
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0207 288 5028
If you have problems applying, contact
Whittington Health NHS Trust
- 0207 288 5925