- Community Paediatric Dietitian
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- 37.5 Hours Per Week
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Holloway Community Health Centre
- £30,401 - £37,267 Per Annum Plus HCAS
- 25/06/2019 23:59
Whittington Health NHS Trust received a ‘good’ overall inspection from the CQC in April 2016, rated ‘good’ in a national review of openness and transparency standards across NHS trusts in England and ranked 78 out of 230 NHS Trusts overall.
For our current apprenticeship vacancies, please go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and use Keyword ‘Whittington’
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers.
ISLINGTON ADDITIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY SERVICE
Community Paediatric Dietitian
Full time band 6 post
Islington Additional Needs and Disability Service provides a multi-agency team approach to working with babies, children and young people who present with additional needs and complex disability. The service is currently split into teams which are managed by a multi-agency team leader. The clinical specialists within the service work together to develop clinical excellence across disciplines and provide direct clinical supervision to junior grades within their own discipline.
The dietitians working in the Islington Additional Needs and Disability Service are recognised experts in nutrition and diet therapy serving our diverse local community. We work to promote health through good nutrition on an individual, community and population level using up to date evidence based principles.
We are looking for a committed team player with excellent communication and clinical skills to manage a busy caseload of clients across the London Borough of Islington. This post provides a comprehensive service to children in Islington including:
- preventative health promotional activities,
- paediatric clinics including a range of nutritional support and advice ie Non IgE mediated allergy
- dietetic support for clients in special schools and in the home including selective eaters and nutritional support clients (oral nutritional support and enteral nutritional support). There is potential to develop feeding therapy in this role. This position is supported by an experienced team including Band 7 and Band 6 Paediatric Dietitians, with regular 1;1 and peer supervision provided. This post is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Dietitian with at least at least one year of clinical experience (including working with paediatrics and enteral tube feeding), who would like to further their career in paediatrics.
The post holder will be significantly involved in the training and education of student dietitians, other health care professionals and the general public.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact: Maryanne Priestley, Under 5’s Community Dietitian, on Tel: 0203 316 8871/1893 or email email@example.com.